WellRed's Story

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Jul 21 - 8AM
WellRed
WellRed's picture

WellRed's Story

I have been married to my N for 25 years. I met him at age 19, so I don't know any other life. I knew when we married there was something "not right" with him. It wasn't until a few years ago I came accross an article about NPD. I was floored, it may as well of had his picture in place of the dozen or so symptoms. For years I had been verbally abused and told I wasn't good enough, pretty enough, thin enough. I didn't know it was actually abuse! I used to always tell myself "as long as I don't belive the things he accusses me of, I am OK." Also, I used to say that as long as the good outweighs the bad, I'm OK. Well, I wasn't OK. I began taking anti-depressants after talking to my doctor. He gave me a perscription, but told me "there isn't a pill in the world that will cure what's wrong with you". (I had broken down in his office and told him everything). What an eye opener! I began to realize that I could no longer stand to listen to him talk about himself, listen to him put others down, alienating all his friends as well as his whole family. If his lips are moving - he is lying. Oh yes, and a cheat. He has cheated on me every time he has had the chance and I know he is continueing to do so. He had been out of work for the past year and recently did land a job. I got lucky - the job is three hours away and now he is set up in his own apartment. I live in our house with my pets and have never known the peace I can enjoy when I come home from work each night ALONE!! For 25 years, I included him in every decision that I made. He has never thought twice about me in any decisions that he has made. To make a long story short, I went to visit him and it was a disaster!! Out in public he had a smile and a kind word for every woman out there - except me! Every time we left the house, he would make some comment about what I was wearing and was trying to make me self concious before I could even get out of the car! Also found him on smut dating sites advertising himself for a "discreet relationship". Needless to say I came home a day early and told him I didn't want him to come home every weekend anymore - there is no sense to it. SO far, the last 2 weekends he had REASONS he had to come home. He continues to try and call me as though everything is fine. I am not to the point of NC yet, but my life is more bearable without him in it. I look forward to becoming a part of this forum. I have been reading it for a couple of weeks, then joined and now here is my story.

Jul 21 - 11AM
MovinOnUp
MovinOnUp's picture

Welcome!

I have color in my hair that I must rinse out but I just wanted to say hello to another longtimer... I logged thirty one years and I completely understand what you mean about feeling that "peace" that has been absent from your life for so long. Better late than never right? You've found a great place to help you face the road ahead. Talk to you soon.
Jul 21 - 1PM (Reply to #2)
WellRed
WellRed's picture

Thank you

Thank you for the nice welcome. I had to chuckle when you called me a "longtimer". Of course my story was kept short and I didn't give a lot of details of 25 years of "incidents". Normally I would say I could tell you stories that would curl your toes,,,,,but being a fellow-longtimer, we could spend hours one-uping each other's stories LOL!! I look forward to getting to know you.
Jul 21 - 2PM (Reply to #3)
almostlydia
almostlydia's picture

WellRed

Welcome. I'm amazed you could condense it down so well. It seems the stuff just comes pouring out when we finally try to write our stories. There is a wide age range of us here in different stages of repair so I look forward to hearing how you progress from here. It sounds like you are in such a strong place and we all benefit from that. I hope you will join in often and share your incites as well as the 'curl your toes' stories. There is a great deal of support and comfort here as well as the great relief in laughing at our 'nightmares'. It is good for the soul. There is also a lot of info that answers so many questions about our experience. Again, welcome.

almostlydia

Jul 21 - 2PM (Reply to #4)
WellRed
WellRed's picture

Thanks almostlydia

I am so looking forward to sharing stories with people who can relate. I also hope to help others get out of their poison relationships. I am done beating myself up for staying so long. Now I am just trying to keep the peace and hopefully can move forward in life at some point where he is no longer a part of it. When I do begin to feel lonely or feel any regrets, all I have to do is remember him raging at me and looking like satan himself,,,,,,this last time was when I questioned him about where he had been - it turned out he WAS with another woman. But because I asked - I became the rotten wife and he screamed and bellowed at me, going down the list of everything wrong with me. Somehow he can turn everything around on me and makes me cry. He word-f*cks me!!
Jul 22 - 10AM (Reply to #5)
almostlydia
almostlydia's picture

WellRed

My relationship lasted for most of ten years with the last 4 or 5 being the most confusing place I could ever imagine. It was impossible to determine fact from fiction. I was so broken. The final end came when the OW was actually another man - it took that to finally end it all for me. I had done a lot of research over the years and found so much of that to confuse things even moreso as I truly had no idea what he was. It wasn't until I found this site and some of the sites linked to it that I began to get all the answers for so many questions that had haunted me. It also validated things for me as so many 'friends' considered this just another heart break that should be gotten over and moved on in a timely fashion. I knew it could not possibly be that but couldn't explain it otherwise until I found all the info here. I hope you will read, read, read. It makes all the difference in going forward. My Mother is about to go into surgery today, so I will probably be away from here for a few days. Stay strong and I will look you up when I get back.

almostlydia

Jul 22 - 2PM (Reply to #6)
WellRed
WellRed's picture

almostlydia

I wish you and your mother well and look forward to hearing from you when you get a chance.