Chickadee's Story

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Jun 20 - 8PM
naivenomore
naivenomore's picture

Chickadee's Story

I've been with this man for almost 3 1/2 years and while the first 2 years I thought I was in heaven, the last year has been quite a ride and as of a few weeks ago, he has ended the relationship. I've read a lot and I'm thinking it fits well that I was his "narcissistic supply source".

Last summer, on a boat trip that we take every year, he started by showering me with many, many lingerie outfits, and the kicker was a cock ring and frenum ring that he'd made for himself out of thick bands of silver. Maybe it's just me, but it totally freaked me out as we'd never talked about anything like this and I honestly just wanted our sex life to remain as it was – active, seemingly loving and soft. He seemed upset that I didn't get as excited about it as he'd imagined, but continued to prance around in it for the 7-week boat trip. Honestly, I don't even like writing about this, but it's really over the top and I don't know what to do with it all! My greatest apologies if I've offended anyone with this topic, not my intention at all!

After Christmas, he suddenly announced that he was cancelling our Spring plans for a boating excursion because his daughter needed him (his children are all grown up, and have left home, but are completely co-dependent on him and vice-versa). For the first time in 3 years I voiced my disappointment and said it wasn't acceptable that he'd just drop our plans like that. He went on a verbal rage like I'd never seen in him before (up until this point he'd been the epitomy of gentleness and charm). By the end of it, he honestly was blaming me for upsetting him so much!??? Afterwards, he didn't see me for 6 weeks, but we still phoned and had plans for the summer, etc. When we did see each other again, it was Valentine's Day and I went to all sorts of work and effort to dress up sexy, tease him throughout dinner, etc., as he had requested, and when I got home I was absolutely beat! My son happened to call, which is unusual at 10:30 p.m. so I answered it and talked to him about something that was bugging him. When I went into the bedroom, I found him totally devastated that I'd rejected him apparently for talking with my son. I tried to appease him and make it up to him but he'd have nothing to do with it and went into a horrible melodramatic state of depression for the night. The next day he said he understood that I'd be tired after all that I'd done for him and we had a better day. He then left for his house. Upon his next visit, a few weeks later, he wandered around the whole weekend, wearing his 'jewelry' and it got to the point where I couldn't turn anywhere but what it wasn't dangling in front of me. Note that I had already 'satisfied' him on both nights, but still he kept demanding more attention of this sort. I guess at one point I looked away and this he has never forgiven me for and says that I humiliated him and rejected him to devastation of the relationship!. He actually told me that “I had ruined his sovreignity as a man”! This was such a switch from the man I had first met and it's hit me like a ton of bricks. Does this all sound typical of a narcissistic personality? I'm sitting here wondering how someone could fool me so for 2 years???

Jun 25 - 11PM
Introspection
Introspection's picture

Hello sweetheart...

Based on the description you provided of your XN, it appears that you are dealing with an N personality. Its all about them and has nothing to do with us. We are merely there to stroke their egos. Nothing you could have done differently, it was really just suppose to be short lived as they often like to recycle their victims. The relationship with my XN lasted 4 years, fairly close to yours. He too was very caring, loving, sweet until I busted him cheating did he become a jerk and showed his true colors. I however, had already felt lonely even though I was with him. I used to describe our relationship to my friends as one that appeared to be a fantasy, like he read a book on what to say and do rather than doing it because he "felt" it. My reference was always, when I am with him, I didn't feel protected. Deep down inside, I always knew that the day I did something that did not conform with his likes, he would leave me...I always felt it. Today I am free of it all and feel lik a new person. I have achieved closure and hope that one day, you'll join me. Finding this site is a good start for you. Welcome chickadee!
Jun 20 - 9PM
Leah2
Leah2's picture

I am so sorry...

...that you, too, have had one of these relationships. In my case, it was five years and a marriage that was ended, much like yours, "because I did not love him enough". That means that I once in a while did not treat him as he expected, without even knowing what was expected of me. It sounds like you offended him in much the same way I did, without having a clue. I really am sorry that you have gone through this, but know that you are not alone.
Jun 21 - 4PM (Reply to #2)
naivenomore
naivenomore's picture

Thank - You

Thanks so much for your reply, Leah! What you said is exactly what I was always feeling - I could never seem to read his mind. Then, it was like he was possessed with his need for more risky sexual behaviour and it all crashed when I re-buffed it. I found him so attentive, generous, kind, and charming during the first 2 years, so this really gob-smacked me when he suddenly dropped us. This site is certainly re-affirming and thanks again!
Jun 26 - 6AM (Reply to #3)
drivencrazyinflorida
drivencrazyinflorida's picture

Risky Sexual Behaviour

Your situation is similar to mine as my narcissist was into weird sexual behavior. It totally grossed me out. I think the exotic sexual desires fill up a void in their emotional/spiritual life as they are essentially dead inside. I'm sorry you went through this but be glad you got away. I lost ten years of my life and integrity trying to please my N until I came to my senses and ran for my life.