rainbow1's story

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 May 27 - 2PM
rainbow1
rainbow1's picture

rainbow1's story

Since all of you have been included with a Narc is some way I am sure that you know that this will not be a short story. So here we go....

I met my ex-Narc through mutual friends. I had just gotten out of a relationship with a horrible person (borderline). I went to his house for a party. He had a girlfriend but she wasnt there and he was talking about breaking up with her. All night he was asking questions to my friends about me and how beautiful I was and how he just wanted to get to know me. He asked if I would stay the night. I said no but then got a little tipsy and my friends were my ride home and really wanted me to get to know this guy. The next morning he acted like we have been together for years. I went home early and he text me the second I left saying "I am so glad we met each other. Dont you think it is crazy that our friends think we are perfect for each other?"

I was very creeped out by how strong he was coming on. Also, I had sworn off guys for awhile. But then after a month of talking he started to ignore me and said that I needed to decide what I wanted because he doesnt do casual relationships. So of course I gave in and we started to move quickly, but he was so perfect that I couldnt help it. He was everything that I have ever looked for. After about a month some of my stuff started moving in. All of his friends and family said they have never seen him like this and I am the only one he has ever showed so much affection for. He started looking for rings and talking about living together full time.

But after a few months he started letting himself show. He had anger problems and abandonment issues (his mom kicked him out at 14 to go see a therapist for his anger issues but he refused, he saw this as her abandoning him). He would get anger and punch his truck for no reason. He started getting ver selfish. We left when he was ready, always on his time. Before we left anywhere he would have to wash my car, or his street bike, or the truck, whatever we were taking so show off. Work also started getting bad and he was geting frustrated with that. He kept telling me that he would never leave and I would leave him first. Also, that he has never been this close to someone before and it scared him.

We started fighting here and there. One day he took off on his street bike for hours and didnt come home until very late. He told me that he was going to his dad's but when he never showed up we were all worried about him. He was very depressed and told met that morning that I was too good for him and that I should leave him. So I was worried that he was hurt or hurt himself. When he got home and said he was just out thinking I was mad that someone could make someone else worry that much about them so I started packing my stuff. He said "Fine, if I cant ride my bike when I want then I dont want to be with you! Leave and never come back!"

I left and right after he text me "You know that I love you, just give me time to do what I want to do". The next morning he text me like he always does to wake me up for work like nothing happened. But then he would ignore me and tell everyone horrible things about me and that we would never be together. Of course he never told me this, he never came me closure even though I begged and begged. I finally gave up begging him and two weeks later he showed back up. I found out that he had slept with three girls in those two weeks (girls that he knew would make me mad). He also drank! Alot! He is not a drinker but he was like a fish these two weeks. During this break up he also held the rest of my stuff hostage. He kept all of my girly stuff in his room but just took up the pictures of me and put them back up empty. He also left my drawers empty. He would also drive by my house but pretend like I didnt see him. When he started talking to me again he used this to make me feel guilty. He would say things like "obviously I cant forget about you if I left it up" or "What do you think I told the girls that I brought back home, I did this so they would know about you". And he never apologized for sleeping with them. He said we werent together so I have no right to be mad and to get over it.

I took him back.... He was so charming. He told me that he made the biggest mistake of his life and he loved me more than ever! He said he would never do anything to hurt me like that again. I believed him. He was so clever that he even got his family calling me telling me how miserable he was without me. Our friends told me not to do it. They said that the stuff he said to me and did when we wre broken up was horrible. At least make him work at it. But I fell. He was just like he was when we first met. I did want to go slow though but he told me "Nope, it is forever or nothing. Take me or leave me" I took him.

He soon convinced me to move in with him, buy a quad together, get a boat together, etc. But a few months after things were perfect they started going down hill again. He would say mean things to me. Manipulate me. Want to hang out with the boys more. And stuff like that. Work was also bad during this time (when work is not good he gets very stressed). His hours got cut in half. He kept trying to go to Alaska for fishing but I didnt support him. The morning we broke up we got in a fight about spending time together. He ended up leaving the house then texting me that it wasnt going to work anymore! I started to realize that the girl he made me into were the exact reasons that he broke up with me! He wanted a girl to go do everything with him like boating and quadding. He wanted a girl to get muddy then go put a dress on. He also wanted me dependent on him and told me that he wanted to "take care of me". These were the things that he used against me later. The day he broke up with me he said "we spend too much time together, you want to do everything with me, and you are too dependent on me. You need to go find your own life."

However, this time we actually lived together so we had some figuring out to do. He said that we can both live there, but in different rooms (we also live with another couple that are our good friends). He also said he wasnt going anywhere but if I wanted to I could move. He told me that he loved me and that we might be back together one day. And that he just needed a break and time and space (sound fimilar?). I told him that if I sat here waiting and he slept around again to never speak to me again. To my surprise I heard that he didnt hit on anyone (for awhile). But he started partying again and coming home late if he came home at all. He ended up getting fired for this a week later.

During the first two weeks we slept in the same bed. He kept saying that he would move it but never did. One night he woke me up at 3am telling me to just hold him and that he was sorry and missed me. The next day he moved the bed and said he never remembered doing that! He would also tell differently people different things. Some people he would say that we were just on a break. Some that we would never be together. And some that we still were together! I was so confused and he would not talk to me about it! He would just say "take it how you want it".

Then I started hearing lies about me again. He was telling people that I was crazy and physco. He told people that I would not leave him alone. Last time we broke up our friends got so involved and my ex was very mad at them so this time they want to stay out of it. But none of them will talk to me. They say they dont know what to believe and it needs to calm down. Its been a month! He randomly will text me things. Asking where something is or how to do something or if I can do him a favor, but I never text him. I feel like he is going out of his way to be a jerk. He will do things at the house or leave things out for me to see. He even hated Facebook and never wanted one. I didnt have one either but got one once we broke up. When he found out that I got one then so did he. He started posting pictures of him and other girls or him being drunk. He is so mean to me at the hosue when I see him. One Sunday night he came home at 5am and called me to come unlock the door, but he had his keys in his hand! He either did it so that I would see when he got home or just to be mean. He will be nice when he wants something but if I dont give it to him then he calls me a bitch and ignores me. I dont know what to do or think!

He took out our boat without me and did a lot of inapproprate things. He had too many people on the boat, took out girls that I hate, was too drunk to drive, had our one friend that is never allowed to drive the boat drive and our friend got a BUI. The boat is is my aunt's name so when she found out she took it back, which is understandable. He said the boat wasnt going anywhere unless he got money. he threatened to kill me and my family and went crazy. I gave him money (which why should I? The boat got taken from me too because of him!) But I didnt want to hear him yell. When I gave him the money I was crying and all of a sudden there was a new person in front of me. He chased my car down telling me how sorry he was and that he didnt want to fight and that he wanted to apologize but I just kept pushing him off of me. Later at the house he tried hugging me and talking about everything and trying to work it out. He said I am sorry but you know how I get! I just walked out and he looked like he would cry. I should have known that he would get back at me! The next day he took my money and bought a dirt bike and went around telling people how stupid I am for giving him money.

Last break up I knew that he would be back but this time he acts like I dont exist or is just being plain mean! He is doing things that he knows that I hate and putting it in front of my face. He even got on the house computer which I use and he doesnt yesterday and left his Facebook open. I know he wanted to me snoop because he NEVER using that computer but I didnt. I didnt want to see what he wanted me to. Now he says he is moving out next week and telling everyone it is because I wont leave him alone and I bitch all the time. He randomly text me last week out of nowhere "Stop being such a baby! I will never get back with you! Get over me and move on because I am sick of you!" I am not sure if this time he is discarding me for good or if he will be back. What do you think? I dont want him back, but need to be prepared if he tries. I am so confused and feel used.

Jun 7 - 5AM
agnesmurphy17
agnesmurphy17's picture

Let him move out

He's obviously got another woman lined up to replace you if he leaves. He's been looking on the internet & out late at night in the bars. If he leaves, he will be back if the new woman does not work out. Or, he will be back & forth with the two of you. If he does not leave, then you move out. This will go on forever, if you permit him to act in this fashion. Do not expect him to act consistently or rationally or reasonably. He will do as many horrible things as you permit him.
May 31 - 4AM
ewa
ewa's picture

I know the feeling

I am in the position of fighting with myself not to contact with N. I know is hard. We all got addicted, we have been all giving love to N, and is not easy to stop loving just like this..Since i have moved out from my XN i feel better physically. Before i was all the time on the sick leave, it happened to me every 1-2 months. Since i do not leave with him i feel much better and basically i was not sick half a year now. N slowly kill his pray, but even knowing it I can not stop thinking of him, but i managed not to contact him anymore myself. Before i would have sent him chat message just to ask if he is doing good or not, and he would chat to me back or not depending on his mood. You diverse much better. Give yourself time, don't look for a new relationship - it is simply difficult to fall in love again if you are in this state of mind. Put yourself a goal - I wanted to loose weight so i have exercised every day. It helped me to build up my confidence. People at work started to notice it that am slimmer. Of course N ( which works in the same office like me) noticed it also and said to everybody that i did succeed because of him, because he always told me to exercise and finally i have listened. So he made my success to look like his success. Poor N :) was partially right - yes it was because of him but I did it only to take my mind farther from him. Maybe you also have some goal? If he tries to contact you simply treat it as a game: ignore or refuse the contact and see what happens next. Remember N is very patient, he can wait long time unless he thinks the time is right to attack you. I wish you all the best :)
May 31 - 3AM
TexN (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

That text...

You said that came out of nowhere, was not only for your eyes. He sent you that text so someone else would read it too. He wants people to think you are chasing him but that he doesn't want you back. My exN would do that (& still does that!) His exgf confirmed that after she & started comparing notes. In fact, just this weekend he did that! He left me a voice message, out of nowhere & said, "Grow up & stop trying to find ways to hurt me. I just want my daughter!" I know he had to have a girl with him to hear. He was so polite, & the dead give away is there was not a single bad word!!! He usually drops major "F" bombs...Be ready, it seems like your N is getting ready to d&d you...Be glad, let someone else put up with his psycho ass!
May 30 - 4PM
Introspection
Introspection's picture

You have been through a lot

You have been through a lot (((hugs))). Read your story and pretend that it was written by one of your girlfriends. What would you advice her to do? I'm sure this advice would include that she should make sure that she never let him in again. That if she does, she is going to be very miserable. You would also point out that he has done already left her twice and cheated on her over and over again; why would she want to stay with this looser? He will continue to contact you; you should change your number. Avoid him and your mutual friends. Realize that this is a very abusive relationship and that you deserve better. I hope that you are tired of this treatment and ready to move on! Welcome and keep us posted!
May 30 - 5PM (Reply to #4)
rainbow1
rainbow1's picture

Introspection- Isnt there a way I can keep my friends?

I know that everyone says no contact which means no friends and none of his family. But I do not know if I am ready for this right now! He has already taken so much stuff from me and I already feel like I have lost everything. No contact would literally mean that I would have to change my number, not talk to any of my friends (every single person I know knows him), and move out (I live with his good friends) and stop talking to my best friend in the entire world since I was a baby (she is dating his uncle). It would be like starting my entire life over. Isnt there a way that I can keep my friends and just not see him or deal with him? There has to be!

May 30 - 5PM (Reply to #5)
Introspection
Introspection's picture

Only during the initial

Only during the initial phases and later when you are doing better, you may slowly start visiting with mutual friends again. Although it will be incredibly difficult, it is necessary because it will set you back everytime you hear about him or you run into him. Based on just about everyone's story on this forum, XNs have a tendency to use mutual friends to come into our life again. I struggled with my recovery and realized much later that it was because I did not cut our mutual friends off and even though it was not their intention, at one point of another, his name or news about him always surfaced during conversation. You are way TOO vulnerable now and I suspect that in a whole lot of pain. The sooner you go NC, the better you'll start feeling... If you find it impossible to do and decide to keep one of two of your mutual friends, then make sure you tell them that they should not bring his name up or ever bring him close you again.
May 30 - 6PM (Reply to #6)
admin
admin's picture

ranbow1

You must go NC for at LEAST 1 year while you're in counseling THERE IS NO OTHER WAY. If you decide not to do this they bring him up to you or carry stories back or feel caught in the middle JUST ONCE - YOUR NC is back to square ONE. That's right. YOUR NC is destroyed. Best to tell them you can't and if they are REALLY your friends they will understand. NC is NOT NEGOTIABLE
Jun 8 - 7PM (Reply to #7)
grossot
grossot's picture

rainbow1 re: friends

In the meantime: make new friends. Here are some ideas to get you started: 1) Ask your counselor/ therapist if there are any support groups in your area for women 2) Try to build self esteem by going to a coffee house alone. Bring a laptop or book. Start a converstion with a female you see there 3) Church/ place of worship 4) Volunteer 5) Can u facebook or look up friends from your past (b4 him) you've lost touch with? 6) Learn to like being with yourself. He has devalued you so much you don't even like yourself right now. Figure out what you enjoy. Reading, long walks, hobbies, projects around the house 7) Us! My email: [email protected] 8)Idk if this is "right" or not but since its so new for you: obsess away. Research narcissism. Ask your therapist every question you can think of on the subject. The time will come when you are naturally able to move on. Although you never have to forget what he's done to you. All the best to you rainbow! Stcick to NC. Come here when you feel weak. http://hubpages.com/hub/Married-to-a-Narcissist?preview nolongercontrolled
May 27 - 7PM
Barbara (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

Welcome rainbow1

- PLEASE go through ALL the pages on 'Message Board' as I have loaded it with articles and your questions have probably already been asked and answered many many times. Click through the pages and read what interests you. You'll get up to speed and learn a LOT. PLEASE do this BEFORE asking questions. - PLEASE read the stories of others. This alone is one of the most validating things you can do. Far too many become completely wrapped up in their own drama... which just makes it all worse. Your situation is not different, your N is not 'special.' They are common and predictable. - PLEASE read through our WHOLE blog: http://www.lisaescott.com/blog - chock full of articles about Ns and healing. It will answer many questions before you ask them. On MESSAGE BOARD near the top you will see "Most Read & Most Popular Blog Posts" - click on it to read Member Favorites. PLEASE read the Rules prior to posting. Thanks - listen to our free radio show - archived at: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/allabouthim Remember this board is NEVER to be used as a replacement for therapy. Please find a therapist and start going if you feel the need for whatever level of PTSD he's left you with ASAP! BLOCK HIS EMAILS, IMs and TEXTS change your phone & cell numbers Maintain ABSOLUTE NO CONTACT! remember: The only one who can HELP you - is YOU! and YOU did nothing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING wrong. ~~~~~~~~~ Moving Forward: Coaching for Victims Pathologicals Feelings buried alive never die. - Alice Miller
May 27 - 3PM
gullablegull (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

D&D Dear

That is the pattern. Get out, Get away. Get moving on and yesterday is not soon enough! The pursuit/panic thing, the devalue and discard thing...... and if you read all the stories on here, you will hear where all of this might end. But be sure, it will end. I'm very sorry this has happened to you.............. but if you hang around or go back, it will only get worse. Barbara will certainly prime you for NO CONTACT. Good luck, and remember, it is not your fault~