how psychopaths choose a victim........

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Mar 31 - 11AM
Anonymous (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

how psychopaths choose a victim........

research based on a line spoken by Ted Bundy...
Researcher Susan Brock mentions something that suspected psychopath Ted Bundy stated:

Bundy could tell a victim by the tilt of her head as she walked.

Also, both arms would not be synchronized with both legs while walking (in other words, at least one arm would be out of synch with the walking rhythm of the leg on that same side of the body).

and at 38:00
Vanknin describes what happens to a victim when bullied by a psychopath....

You're body is flooded instantly with adrenaline and it's derivatives, like norenephrine. Now when these hormones pervade the bloodstream, you're brain reacts. It shuts down certain centers and activates others. This is called the stress reaction. Or stress syndrome action. Then when the abuse recedes, the adrenaline levels begin to drop. As they drop, the entire system goes into mayhem. So what bullies usually do...they start and stop, start and stop. That achieves the maximal stress syndrome. And this is the great secret of bullying: never overdo it...small doses...the victim will do the rest."

this sent chills through me....now i want to pay close attention to even how i walk...and Vaknin's describtion of bullying a victim....describes the psychonarcs technique to a T....

Feb 1 - 3PM
Quixotic
Quixotic's picture

They Assess

Feb 1 - 10AM
StrongasDandelion
StrongasDandelion's picture

Tell a victim by the tilt of her head as she walked.

Mar 31 - 4PM
seancunningham
seancunningham's picture

The Un-Dead.

I didn't think the N was that smart. He did all of this stuff and more. I guess I'm not giving him much credit, but he had all the traits. A pathological is cunning. They mix affection with cruelty. He would actually stay away, and then come back---making me think he was with someone else---or he really was with someone else---throw a few hints and let my imagination do the rest. He would then stick to me like glue, being so attentive. It was so well rehearsed. I'm not the jealous type, I never questioned. At the beginning, he admitted that he lied to his last partner. Why bother to ask? It's so weird that all of the traits that we explain are the same. As a psych major, I'm still surprised that they all do the same thing. They're like the un-dead. No empathy, no emotion, no love = dead. If he was that desperate for money, what was coming next? Physical abuse? coercion? I departed before the full treatment. He never asked for money outright---just yet. He would throw hints that it was going to come to it. I'd be feeling a hell of a lot worse if I gave him money. I would have really been down on myself for being duped. Toward the end, I sort of became a bit psychotic as well. I had to get out---but how? So, I became so loving and agreeable--lulling him into a false sense of security that things were going according to his plan, then a few days later I dropped the news that I was leaving. When one is dealing with a lunatic, one must think like one. I knew I was subconciously being manipulated. But, couldn't understand why. He became a totally different person when he was working me. Insults, then totally loving---back and forth. This was the reason for the total isolation. I can see why our brains go crazy. It's an intense kind of mind control. There was no rhyme or reason to it. This was a huge wake up call---evil is everywhere.
Mar 31 - 5PM (Reply to #4)
enoughalready
enoughalready's picture

i agree

I also thought my exN wasn't very smart. He totally fooled me for 5 yrs. I trusted him fully and he took advantage of that. Towards the last 2 yrs, things didn't quite match up, or feel right. It was only when he left his email open on my phone that I caught him on dating sites, FB girls etc. I was so shocked by all of it and of course, he denied and lied about it as if I'm stupid enough to believe him and not the computer. From that point, everything went downhill- ignoring txts, verbal abuse, gas-lighting,rationalization, projection and mind-bending games. He would mess w/ my mind so badly, it would ruin my mood for days, making me irritable and shaky from anger. He knew EXACTLY how to upset me and did it regularly. I didn't know anything about narcissism yet, but I did ask him" who are you?" As I knew he turned into a completely different person. He did everything I asked him not to do and did nothing I asked him to do. Just txting this makes me angry as I can still feel how it felt. He is definitely an evil soul-less parasite. It's been a month NC and I hope each month gets better. It's true-they are all the same.
Mar 31 - 2PM
bitterdestiny
bitterdestiny's picture

most serial killers

Have the same trade marks as N's I've done a lot of research into serial killers they also believe they have a gene that makes them prone to becoming a killer. Also hitler was a N most serial killers do not frighten me Bundy scares the crap out of me, when my therapist said he was like my N my body went cold all I could think was I'm having sex with Ted Bundy...
Feb 7 - 8PM (Reply to #2)
SF
SF's picture

Out of his own mouth