txnurse story

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Mar 29 - 11PM
txnurse
txnurse's picture

txnurse story

well here goes-- I met the N in Sunday School of all places. I knew him a long while and he got married and the quickly divorced (3mos). We started really talking after his divorce-- he stated she just flipped out and lost it. He seemed very needy and alone and we got to talk a lot. He told me he really loved my insight and that I was good at reading people. Well, long story short, we got married and then it changed. In the first 3 weeks, he quit his job and decided to become self employed, we had my income to live on anyway. About every 6-8 mo when I would get frustrated about having to make all the money for us to live on, then he would get very angry, bruise me up a little, yell and scream for hours and leave me crying in a corner somewhere. He would never apologize, but we would both ignore it and just try to pretend everything was ok. As long as I did not push him, the anger was not directed at me, at least at first. We had a son together and that is when he began to lose it. I started to put my son before him in matter of priority at times and he could not stand that. I can't tell you the number of times he ranted at me to just ignore my son and pay attention to him. It got worse and worse, and eventually he was yelling at my son if he was not perfect as well. We both walked on eggshells so as not to make "Daddy mad". Well, he lost it one day and was yelling at my 5 year old because he could not spell a word. It was in the garage and people were beginning to notice and so I went down to try to difuse him. He lost it and threw me across the room and kicked me. I called police and they took him in. I got him out and the next day he put a brick through the windshield of my car. I left, the same day. Have PO against N, and supervised visitation. He did not see his son the first 3 mos, (just could not do supervised visitation). I have filed for divorce and am having trouble getting my lawyer to fight for me to go out of state to where i have family support.

Mar 31 - 12PM
TexN (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

txnurse

Are you from Texas? I have a great lawyer that is helping me with my exN right now! Let me know if u want her info.
Mar 30 - 12AM
Barbara (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

Welcome txnurse

Welcome... - PLEASE go through ALL the pages on 'Message Board' as I have loaded it with articles and your questions have probably already been asked and answered many many times. Click through the pages and read what interests you. You'll get up to speed and learn a LOT. - REMEMBER your attorney WORKS FOR YOU! Don't ask, TELL. If they try to talk you out of moving - they're being L A Z Y... and perhaps you need a new lawyer. Get one then and have the new one fire the old one. - PLEASE read the stories of others. This alone is one of the most validating things you can do. Far too many become completely wrapped up in their own drama... which just makes it all worse. - PLEASE read through our whole blog: http://allabouthim.com - chock full of articles about Ns and healing in the future, please read the Rules prior to posting, as well - listen to our free radio show - archived at: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/allabouthim - start quietly taking some free consults with divorce lawyers and find out where you stand. Hire only a BULLDOG. A book called SPLITTING by William Eddy, Esq. will be VERY helpful - Please remember this board is NEVER to be used as a replacement for therapy. Please find a therapist and start going as SOON as possible for whatever level of PTSD he's left you with. ~~~~~~~~~ The world is a dangerous place, not only because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. - Albert Einstein Visit My Info. Website for Abuse Victims
Mar 30 - 7PM (Reply to #2)
txnurse
txnurse's picture

thanks

Thanks for the support. I am very excited to find this site and have spent hours since this weekend reading the stories and it does help. I tried to follow the rules so please let me know if I did anything wrong. I started by putting my son in therapy but soon realized that I need it more than him. I have a great therapist. The thing I have not figured out is how to parent with no contact. I am recognizing manipulation that i would not have labeled as such, prior to reading on this website-- thanks for that.
Mar 31 - 1AM (Reply to #3)
Barbara (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

txnurse

this may help: http://www.lisaescott.com/2010/03/27/coparenting-narcissist sometimes parenting with a Narc means No EMOTIONAL Contact... hope this helps... ~~~~~~~~~ The world is a dangerous place, not only because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. - Albert Einstein Visit My Info. Website for Abuse Victims
Apr 11 - 8PM (Reply to #4)
txnurse
txnurse's picture

update

I just thought I would add an update, for all who might be interested. I met with my lawyer again last week and told him some of the things my N has been doing and that I want this divorce finalized. My lawyer talked to his lawyer and then called me back and says-- this guy almost sounds narcissistic. My N has then called and freaked out, so obviously the lawyer is putting pressure on him. I am trying to stay strong and am trying for full custody so I can move out of state.
Apr 12 - 12PM (Reply to #5)
TexN (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

Full Custody

Would be great! I'm trying to get my narc to sign his rights over but he won't at this time. He still needs to use our daughter to make himself look like "an awesome Dad" in front of new gf, although he doesn't pay child support! Loser!