livewpsycobabble's story

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Mar 17 - 12PM
livewpsycobabble
livewpsycobabble's picture

livewpsycobabble's story

For me it's like everyday is a day in court where my N boyfriend is the attorney, judge, and jury and I'm sitting in the defendants chair. The attorney turns what I say around, the judge is yelling contempt of court and the jury is chanting throw the witness out! She is unrealiable and crazy! This happens when my emotional vampire has drained me and I go into I'm not giving you one ounce more mode.

If I try to share my concerns regarding life in general with him I either get the arrogant side or the little boy side. The arrogant side is rage, demeaning and just downright rude. He will say things like; "What don't you understand about that!" or "Your insane!" and then he will dismiss me. When I get dismissed I always say; "Thank you for dismissing me once again." When I get the little boy side he will walk around the house with slumped shoulders, head down, and dragging his feet. He is unable to process things in his mind like any emotionally healthy adult would.

I've done a heck of alot of studying this past year, yes year about lying, cheating, bullies and N's. I have a classic N. I've learned how to "act" and not "act." The times when my energy is up, act happy and non-stop give, give, give to the task I can get the lost little boy to talk. I've gotten information like when he said; "He can only give me little snippets of information" and "He does not feel that a partial truth is a lie." When I'm fed up, drained and have no more to give (like now) I get that very ugly side of him. For 3 days now I've received the arrogance, silence and glares from him. Yes, I put a chink in his armor. I asked him if he were to die of a heart attack next week what would happen to all my things that I moved into his house if his heirs were to freeze the house and everything in it? Reminded him that he would not be around to say otherwise. He made it clear 2 years ago that the house goes to his children (he is early 60's, his children are both in their 30's, I'm 50'ish). I have lived here over 3 long years. I told him I understood that he never had any intentions of taking this relationship to any other level then what its is. Boyfriend, girlfriend. Leaves him free for his cheating side(didn't say that to him). I did say that I was thinking about putting some of my things in storage. CHINK! All he heard was that I'm going on with my life without him. I never said that. I did tell him that it's clear to me that he has little interest in my future so I have to consider my own assets. Double CHINK!
He owns his own business and loves to throw his money at me all of which come with a very high price. Treats me like the hired help. He even admitted to the high price when I got him in one of his raging psyco babble talks. All the while I'm held up to the standards of being His perfect partner. I've refused his money in the past when I learned the high price of his "generosity." He will not take no for an answer so I take it and put it back in his drawer. The really down side to all of this? My own home is under a rental contract until mid year and I lost my job due to the economy.
Thank you! I feel a little better now. Oh! and does anyone have problems with their N not being able to answer a simple yes or no question with a yes or no?

Apr 18 - 8PM
windycitygirl
windycitygirl's picture

the good news is

you are not married to him...my n to whom i have been married over 2 years, would not put me on his retirement so that if something happedned to him, I would receive benefits..the cost of his doing this was $100 a month...he said we couldn't afford it... my house is also under rental contract and i am waiting for it to be free...i am trying to get a job at a fast food place to suplement my ss...just bideing my time
Mar 17 - 1PM
ForeverLearning
ForeverLearning's picture

Read, Learn, Grow, Be Free

Hello! I am sorry to hear that you have had the misfortune of being tangled up with a Narcissist for the past 3 years. I recommend you follow the advice Barbara gives you, along with spending an hour or more, every day, reading all the articles and links she has provided here. To answer your question, yes there has been lengthy discussion around here about how a Narcissist rarely answers a question with a simple "Yes" or "No". Their nature is to lie, and they would rather be mysterious and withhold information (a form of abuse) than answer directly. Good luck in your journey of educating yourself about "Cluster B" type Personality Disorders and more specifically, Narcissistic Personality Disorder. You are not alone in your experience, it all sounds very familiar to all of us here. All the best to you and take care of yourself.
Mar 17 - 4PM (Reply to #2)
livewpsycobabble
livewpsycobabble's picture

Thank you

Thank you Forever; I've been learning alot in the past 12 months. For the past 6 or so months I've just been an observer. I've learned to see him for what he is. He does wear me out at times (like any child does to a parent) and I refuse to allow him to wear me down. He senses that I know what he is and its a threat to his false self but that also makes him a danger. In his mind he has "given" me the world. To just start packing my things is not wise. His brags to his buddies about the trailer, atv, car that he "gave" me...see what a nice guy I am to do all that! Is my name included on any of those titles? NOT! So I just smile when he talks like that. The day will come when he tells me to move out and means it. So far when he has said; "Why don't you just move out!" I have to say; "If that is what you want then I will." He shuts up and backs down like the little boy he is...Just waiting it out and learning more. He still finds me as a supply source. I don't know why because I don't give him much. Me leaving has to be on his terms.
Apr 18 - 1PM (Reply to #3)
agnesmurphy17
agnesmurphy17's picture

Be Careful

Leaving a narcissist is a harrowing experience. Usually the N does the leaving. My husband started asking me for a divorce about 5 months after I married him. Every month thereafter he demanded a divorce. Soon it was almost 2x a month. By the time I agreed to a divorce, I must have been married a little over 2 years. I left the house I co-owned with him and my possessions. Big mistake. Won't bore you with the details. But, one of the better lines was: "Yes. The ONE TIME you asked me for a divorce was so much more painful than the 25-30 times during the course of our marriage I asked you for a divorce." Mine also had a theory that things said in anger don't count. That's his anger. YOU on the other hand are 120% accountable TO HIM! If you are going to leave a narcissist . . . YOU DO IT FAST! Hopefully when he is away. You come in with some VERY BIG MEN & you point out what you are taking & have the VERY BIG MEN take it outta there fast. And then you disappear very fast. No more contact. You can never win, never get the last word, never get anything out of a narcissist. Just get away & get away fast. And be glad that you are not married to him. Divorcing a narcissist is yet another awful experience.
Apr 18 - 8PM (Reply to #4)
Introspection
Introspection's picture

Good advice Agnes!

Like you I belief that staying in this relationship is dangerours. Unlike us, the Ns are evil and we have a conscience so we are at a disadvantage.