Link-good read re evil/narcissim

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Feb 6 - 2PM
peacewarrior
peacewarrior's picture

Link-good read re evil/narcissim

http://samredman.com/peopleofthelie/

I came across this searching for something I remembered from Peck's book People of the Lie. I recalled the subjects in his book consistsently claimed to be "good people" and even good christians..! My religious/church upbringing it is not a good christian behavior to lie, lie lie about self and others nor lie others are liars..such persons have no moral ground..or spiritual for a life of lies..is not "good person" lol That is why pathalogical people claim goodness and smear self off and their lies onto otehrs, eh? Target the most honest, truthful person. Being a clean person inside and out..creates a vulnerability for people to wipe their selves off on us..paradoxically.

Feb 7 - 11AM
James (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

Thanks

Great link and thanks so much! http://james-personalitydisorder.blogspot.com/
Feb 6 - 8PM
agnesmurphy17
agnesmurphy17's picture

Being Good

My N was very concerned about being perceived as "good" person. I always thought that odd. I understand now. Mine spent a lot of time in ashrams with teachers & studying psychology & even in psychotherapy. In the end, I believe this was not about self-awareness. Mine was studying human emotions. Learning to mimic emotion. (My N's new woman is a psychiatrist!--He's that good, in the beginning. She'll figure it out, eventually.) In some weird way, the really evil ones . . . I think they know exactly what they are doing. Yet, I also think they operate on instinct. Nobody could weave such intricate webs of deception consciously. I have been away from my N almost 9 months now. Very little contact. Still, I am having insights & connecting dots. The intricate deception was so huge. I feel so paranoid at times.
Feb 7 - 5PM (Reply to #7)
Amazed
Amazed's picture

Agnesmurphy I feel for you, and understand!!!

Their guise that they want to show the world is them being good, yet when it is all unraveled, we find unbelievable deception, lies, trickery, and as you say, that nobody could weave such webs of deception consciously. Thank you for your comment, that their guise to be good is all pretense. So true. This is so helpful in recovering from our encounter with them, and realizing and understanding what all happened.
Feb 7 - 11PM (Reply to #8)
Barbara (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

conspicuous display of goodness & kindness

it's very important they put on a CONSPICUOUS display of goodness & kindness you might find this, from my personal blog, an interesting read: http://thestumblingblock.wordpress.com/2009/10/19/example-one-puts-on-conspicuous-display-of-goodness-kindness/ ~~~~~~~~~ The truth will set you free... but first it will piss you off - Gloria Steinem Visit My Abuse Website
Feb 8 - 10AM (Reply to #9)
itreallyisabouthim
itreallyisabouthim's picture

CONSPICUOUS

This is probably why simply paying child support is out of the question. Too behind the scenes. They'd only be interested in buying things directly for children and geting all the accolades.
Feb 8 - 1PM (Reply to #10)
Barbara (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

child support

yup - if it doesn't make THEM look good then it's not worth it. Which is why using your state's system for deducting from his account automatically is sweet revenge. He defaults? the STATE chases him down! ~~~~~~~~~ The truth will set you free... but first it will piss you off - Gloria Steinem Visit My Abuse Website
Feb 7 - 9AM (Reply to #2)
rache
rache's picture

lies

The ex N i was involved with lied constantly-and-lie to cover his lies! Tried to even tell me i didnt hear what i heard or see what i saw! Now,thats pathetic.i do believe these people know what they are doing-they just do not care.They are evil and enjoy being evil.Even the psychologist i see says they're evil.IF they couldnt help it he wouldnt label them that way.
Feb 7 - 5PM (Reply to #3)
Amazed
Amazed's picture

Thank you peacewarrior

This is an excellent study of evil/narcissism you have posted, and essential. We have to keep away, safe from these people. They are evil. They are destructive. It is so catastrophic when you encounter these people in the workplace, and in within our families. It is so important to become educated about this, thank you so much.
Feb 8 - 11AM (Reply to #4)
peacewarrior
peacewarrior's picture

Conspicuous displays

This hits the nail on the head "conspicuous" displays. The exN/P revealed his methodology/pathology to use a prop/something as "proof" of his false claims/pretenses that others "see" One day he blurted out in a N rage (beet red to blue face)..like a dragon breathing fire raging he "bought that car..Mercedes...and it was to sit in the driveway so PEOPLE COULD SEE HE IS THE ALL NEEDS MEETING PROVIDER! Meanwhile for 7 yers he refused, sabbotaged, menally battered me and obstructed any maintenance on the house even changing the furnace filter. the houe had water problems and ssevere rot obvious to anyone driving by, rotted garage door, water stains running down the walls..he dished out ambient abuse, witholding and even eprived me sleep. Seperated..he'd agree to have repairs done..then call me crazymaking and was telling people I am psycho..manic..fixing things that are not broken..due to N delusional reality of his house is "p[erfect"..incapalbe to deal wih reality..furnace filter, fertilizer etc. Wow..no doubt the car "impressed" some people but neighbors see the line of carpenters, exterior repair people, broken irrigation system repaired..they don't "only see" what some psycho deems "proof" of. People notice the wife busting her ass too..ovrehauling the property..transforming the weed riddden yard..not just the f'ing car...btw he used that as another "proof" I am "extreme"...bulldozing me down and gaslighting me I "demanded the car"I am bipolar..the beginning of conning people I have..seven disorders. All hell broke loose..when I learned of his lies around the car I arranged to leave the car he wanted, insited on and I had given in..if it was important to him..fine however he witheld I could not get long needed and expensive dental work done. It was too much money at once..given the rotted house the realtor said could not be listed due to damage. Given my intgegrity and outrage lerning of heinious lies..I parked the car at his apartment..you chose it..you wanted it..here it is..I am fine driving the other car...and then walked to a phone to call a taxi. He stalked me..followed me down the street screaming "you are crazy.everyone wants you locked up..I am protecting you (wtf..from others?)I was terrified, kept walking to safety and got the taxi home. that's when he shifted to rage mode blurting out the car was..a decoy...prove he's the "best" man in the world..proof he meeets "all needs"....It came to light he conned people I am the abusive, insane, pathalogic liar, all needs depriving..you know..I am "insane depraved psychotic" personality. The ex/N waved around and used as "proof" copies of his credit card he "provided" for then becoming adult/independent kids... god help even the kid in college who used it to pay for a doctor visit...he'd rage and lie about teh offspring to lawyers..everyone but him "running amuck with his money".. He revealed he'd wear his grandfathers Masonic ring..if he was meeting someone who is a Mason..to con them he was one too!! What came out cleaerly was his N rage..wrath to do anything..ever for anyone, provide financially..blue faced frothing at the mouth..rage..that's how severe his pathalogic entitlement was. It came out everyone is to give, pay for and provide...and you will be sadistically tortured for not doing so and not refleting back or parroting their false fictional self and be their slave.Who needs to be an echo in the chamber of pahtalogical lies...it's that or do not speak at all! They also say things for show..false impressions in front of others..posturing..it's to con people for then they do and say the opposite too. If something is genuine, authentic or real sane people don't need to prove" their existence unless it's fictional to begin with. Once he arrived with a birthday cake at work..after 20 years of no BD for me...later..the security guard came to my rescue downstairs..the cake was "for show" or "proof". Beware: those who use anything as "proof" demand you :prove" to the exclusion of all other facts of reality.
Feb 8 - 9PM (Reply to #5)
ForeverLearning
ForeverLearning's picture

VERY WELL SAID!

You described very well, just how some of these maniacs operate. Their sole objective in life, is to drive you insane, so they will feel sane, by comparison. But they are insane. And escaping them is necessary in order to keep your sanity. I am SOOOOO glad you managed to get away from this MANIAC without losing your mind. God bless you and thank you for helping others with your wisdom and experiences. Thank you.
Feb 8 - 9PM (Reply to #6)
Barbara (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

even crazier!

Their sole objective in life, is to drive you insane, so they will feel sane, by comparison It's even crazier than that! They BELIEVE their own lies - as they are saying them - EVEN IF THOSE LIES CHANGE 5 MINUTES LATER. And they exploit and gaslight and project... whatever it takes to maintain those delusions; delusions that are constantly shape shifting and built on sand... I wish they'd bring back the old name for Narcissism & Sociopathy: MORAL INSANITY! ~~~~~~~~~ The truth will set you free... but first it will piss you off - Gloria Steinem Visit My Abuse Website