BlueMoon's story

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Dec 14 - 9PM
BlueMoon
BlueMoon's picture

BlueMoon's story

Hello everyone.

Yes, he wrote me a letter. Yes, I thought I was tough. But I let him in again, for two weeks, after he dumped me before, MANY times, same story. He dumped me again. Like seeing if the stove hurt if I touched it, even though I had been burnt before.

But I'm ok tonight! He is f**king crazy. DUH!

I feel...ok...not so bad actually. Pissed. Wanting him to get gangrene of the genitals, but other than that...I feel pretty good!

Come on...there is a point when this sh*t gets ridiculous!

I am a child of a raging psycho father...no wonder. So, I am in counseling courtesy of the domestic violence organization here. I know I will get better. This man (my beloved bf, yuck), in yogic terms, was my guru. My teacher. I will not be a victim anymore. His fat belly and dumb bald head and stupid goatee and tattoos made me a just little sick this time. This is good.

Let me be clear here...I am smart, pretty, witty, accomplished, and really fun to be around when I am not under his thumb. WHY did I choose him???

He has nothing to offer. AT ALL. He told me, TWO YEARS into the relationship, that he never graduated from high school. Yay! Awesome!

I have resurrected myself from his propaganda that I need him, that I am incompetent...he did not like it when I told him that I do not need him. I passed my state's bar exam. I became sober. I am active in life.

I am also a perfectionist. I don't let go until that horse has been beaten a thousand times. Hence the need to see what would happen...

OK, so...what is my next move??? I can berate myself, or I can open doors. This sh*t gets so stupid that the answer is obvious and nothing else.

I believe that this is a chronic carrot and the stick sickness...Pavlovian...I am addicted to the endorphin rush of his bullshit...

No Contact is a fine and proper response. But, Not Giving a Shit is even better.

It takes major self esteem work to do that. Getting there slowly.

Dec 14 - 10PM
Amazed
Amazed's picture

Why did you get back together with him?

Knowing he is nuts, not good for you, will get you no where, and is a trash talking abuser, why did you get together with him? Are you not fully convinced he is unhealthy and N personality?
Dec 15 - 8AM (Reply to #2)
The Girlfriend ...
The Girlfriend of Dr Jekyl's picture

I know why you got back with him so many times

I have done the same, even though I am smart, attractive and could certainly do better. These guys are SO manipulative that even when we KNOW what they are...they can charm us and are so convincing that they 'have changed' and will 'never hurt us again' and 'love us SO MUCH' and 'remember how wonderful we were together? We can be like that again'...ETC.ETC. Narc's are very convincing actors and can appear very sincere and say all the things that appeal to our wounded hearts...and we get sucked back into their vortex! ...That if caught at a vulnerable moment (and there are many during the process as we try to heal that we are vulnerable to them )...we CAN go back...only to regret it sooner or later when their mask slips again... The point is to surround yourself with people who love you and people who respect you, as well as work towards breaking patterns so you aren't restimullated into going back with them....hopefully this next time you are NC you can stay strong (keep busy)and never let him tempt you back into his web again. xo
Dec 15 - 12PM (Reply to #3)
Qing Yuan
Qing Yuan's picture

I think thats true... about

I think thats true... about how these very conniving people are able to get there foot back into the 'proverbial' door when you are at your vulnerable points during your healing process. Even the most resourceful and intellectual woman can be totally overwhelmed by the powerful devices these guys have become very skilled at. How many woman would tell you they were at there 'best' physically, mentally etc when they first met these guys... and yet didn't see the 'red flags'... Its crazy complicated stuff. It takes all your strength to see it for what it is and become capable of standing up to them, thats why Barbara has the 'no contact' advice because they seem capable of 'sucking energy' as if they had a vacuum pipe directly attached to your energy field even if they are not being directly abusive in each moment day to day. I think you have to find a real deep masculine force within you to find a place when you are confident and creative and can 'easily' withstand there energy depleting influences. They wont let you be you; so you can never really be truly yourself around them. It presents a completely impossible situation.. I think you would have to get seriously 'clever' or just down right numb to manage it... Basically Its trickery and most or all of us on here have been hood winked enough times to know that its just not easy to 'retreat' to a place of love and protection within our selves because at one time or another we will all find ourselves presented with the dichotomous situation that these guys present of super privileged kindness and super heart wrenching cruelty. I just agree that we can all be hoodwinked and some of us will be for sometime yet because we have to make the choice to sop being a victim and its pretty complicated to move on from that.. We have to command a real deep power that will take us to the next level. Remember that these guys have probably tried this stuff with woman who were not so easily duped because these guys choose woman who seem to represent the strength they wish to use and suck dry. It seems that If the 'strong' woman has a weak spot, 'an Achilles heal' then he has her... but there would have been few ladies out there who saw them straight away for what they were. What is most interesting is that most of the time, woman who have submitted themselves to this trickery seem to say that they 'knew instinctively' something was not quite right at the start but neglected to heed there own warning signs... But you an become that woman who can hear instinctively her own heart and head and know her own mind well enough to know that she has strength enough to stop these creeps dead in there tracks. We need to know that wont be duped again, so easily anyway... If we can learn anything then is must be to realize that we are capable of being tricked because we look for the best in people and hope that most people are 'feeling and open' but realizing that there are some people out there who are not will help us some way to listening to those inner voices, those instinctive warning signs and we can prevent this form happening twice three times or even more... Stay Safe all.. v x
Dec 21 - 4PM (Reply to #4)
moving on
moving on's picture

no contact

well said Vix. No contact is the best policy. I went back the first time after he yelled at me on the phone. He got mad because I told him that I didn't feel comfortable paying for his stuff in his time of need while he was talking to other girls. In that one phone call he called me paranoid, immature, ridiculous, and mentally unstable. Ha! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black (is that how it goes? lol) I knew this was a mess but I went back and actually apologized. His temper never changed, Mr. Sensitive he was. I knew I was smarter than that, just starting my MBA and buying a house on my own. He couldn't handle my success either, made him feel inferior and put a damper on his ego. Ah well...education and ambition is something no one can take from you. I realized though that I control my happiness also. No one can take that from you either, unless you let them. We all have more control over our lives than we think...just don't see yourself as a victim. Stay strong girl, do your own thing and don't look back :)