takingbackmylife's story

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Nov 16 - 6AM
takingbackmylife
takingbackmylife's picture

takingbackmylife's story

I am divorcing a narcissist after 20+ years of marriage. What should I be on the lookout for? He is a pathological liar and promises me I will be well taken care of (in terms of settlement).

Nov 27 - 11AM
NanC (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

You already know he's a

You already know he's a liar. He's trying to get on your good side so you don't get more than what he wants you to have. My exN told his new gf that he lied to me before we went to court so I "would take it easy on him". What a jerk!
Nov 21 - 11AM
freeat50
freeat50's picture

You can't trust anything he

You can't trust anything he says, you know he is a liar. Be on the lookout for everything and expect him to pull every ugly stunt he can come up with. If you dumped him he will need to punish you for humiliating him. My ex spent the whole first year of divorce trying to get back together. He got a therapist, went to couples counseling by himself, had tons of psychological testing done to prove there was nothing wrong with him. Meanwhile he was having the time of his life running around and spending lavishly on every bimbo he could find and shopping and buying all new everything for himself. Managed to clean out pretty much everything we had so he would not have to give me half of anything. If you actually have any joint assets you should have your attorney freeze them right away. My first attorney did not do this because she said the judge would make him put back my share but this did not happen. By the time my second attorney got around to doing this the money was pretty much gone. Now he is in financial trouble cause neither of us has a penny and guess whose fault it is? So now he would like to get out of paying any support. I have a grown son who is severely handicapped and requires full time care.He was ordered to pay support for the rest of my sons life and I believe it is because the judge saw the financial ruin he caused. Do not trust him. Get a bulldog attorney. Every time he crosses the line for what the rules of divorce proceedings are in your state,haul him immediately back before a judge and ask for attorney fees and court costs for the expenses he caused. He needs to know you are not going to put up with any bs or he will manipulate the system at every turn.
Nov 16 - 8PM
agnesmurphy17
agnesmurphy17's picture

Get A Lawyer

You will not be taken care of in the settlement. He wants to control you & the settlement. No contact. No discussions. No being nice & reasonable. He's gonna cheat you. You'll end up penniless. Get a lawyer & a good one. Tell N to tell your lawyer how well you're gonna be taken care of. Put his money where his mouth is.
Nov 24 - 10PM (Reply to #2)
Barbara (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

takingbackmylife

I have to agree with the other 2 posters. BTW - how did you find out he's a Narc? Can you please elaborate more about your story when you get a chance. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off. - Gloria Steinem