Butterfly3572's story

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Nov 11 - 4PM
Butterfly3572
Butterfly3572's picture

Butterfly3572's story

Inspite of all the hard evidience I presented in court at our child custody trail (yes we had a trial that ended up costing me $25K), including a 3111 child custody evalution with a licensed psychologist, harrassing emails, texts, phone calls and police statements when he broke into my home, etc. to prove my ex is a self-centered, sense of entiled, emotionally abusive manipulator, the judge residing over my child custody case just gave my ex 50% custody of our children.

I am devistated that a person can emotional abuse their spouse/children and get away with it. If I had bruises on my body, things would have gone differently. He played the famous "victim" card and the judge fell for it. To top it all off, the judge said things to me that left me feeling like I'm a crazy hyper-sensitive woman. The judge actually rolled his eyes when I told him I DIDN'T want my ex coming to my home to pick up the kids.

I am so disappointed with the judicial system in California. My ex still emails, texts and calls me daily to harass me with non-child custody related issues. Oh yes, I tired to get a restraining order but I was given a limited contact order instead from the same judge. Now that judge doesn't hold my ex accountable when he crosses boundaries and breaks the limited contact court order.

I am living a nightmare!!! I don't know where to go from here. I am trying to ignore his harassment the best I can but for those of you who know what I am going through, it is an energy-sucking, tiresome battle. Having no contact is impossible with children involved. Anyone out there have any advice on how to deal with this monster, the ex.

I pray that one day very soon, the family law court system will acknowledge that emotional abuse is real, tramatic and leaves the victim with deep hidden wombs inside that may never heal and handles it in the same manner as physical abuse is.

Nov 14 - 10AM
Butterfly3572
Butterfly3572's picture

thanks for all your comments

I really appreciate all of your comments on my recent story post. In the last year, I have experienced a bankruptcy, foreclosure, divorce and child custody case/move away. I can't believe Iam alive to write about it. I am definetly walking out of the dark valley now and on my way to a wonderful life of peace and recovery and I have three healthy, amazing children that inspire me to be the best person I can be. My three children a 12 year old son, and boy/girl twins 9, are now my exN narcissistic supply. That is why he fought so hard for 50% custody. All three of them are outgoing, smart, georgeous, and well like by their peers. He gets off parading them around the community like he is Father of the Year, when in reality I am the one who raised those kids and made them what they are while he was out drinking, entertaining clients with our mortage payment, cheating and Lord only knows what else. I am learning to let go. My kids have already begun to see, first hand, who their father really is without me having to say a word. They know I am the safe, reliable, empathetic, caring parent. For now, I will have no contact with the exN, as best I can, and not give him one inclinition that he pushes my buttons in hopes that one day soon he will leave me alone and find someone else to harass and put down to make himself feel better. This website has given me so many tools to help deal with him and I am grateful for all of you, your support, understanding, compassion, empathy! You are helping people like me heal. Thank You!
Nov 12 - 4PM
Chloe
Chloe's picture

California is like a foreign place

It is apparent that the judge doesn't have a clue due to him rolling his eyes at you. The very sad thing is that your children are only used as pawns from your husband, he is incapable of loving them like you do. Have you read Alec Baldwin's book about the divorce courts in California? With all the things that was done to him, you can understand his upset when he lost it on the voice mail of his ex-wife's phone. The courts/lawyers can make you crazier, in an already fragile state. You must stay strong. I know the costs, my divorce was more than double that, and he didn't stop there. I will guarantee that he will lose his desire to see the children (and how sad is that for the kids) once he finds his new narcissistic supply. My ex-husband remarried in a minute and treats his wife #2 and her two grown kids like his own, as if he never had another family for 23 years prior. Yes, he keeps in touch with his sons, however, it's only for his narcissistic supply. Hang in there, it may all work out in your favor. Try not to bad mouth him in front of the kids (it's hard, I know), in due time your children will see the truth all on their own and will end up respecting you so much more for it.
Nov 12 - 8PM (Reply to #7)
Barbara (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

STAY AWAY

STAY AWAY FROM VAKNIN.... http://www.enpsychopedia.org/index.php/Sam_Vaknin THIS IS A VAKNIN FREE BOARD!!! He's a confirmed PSYCHOPATH and not even a real doctor... put his book in the TRASH!!!!!!!!!!!! ~~~~~~~~~~~~ My Abuse Information Site Online Coaching & Help
Nov 12 - 11AM
freeat50
freeat50's picture

This same thing happened to

This same thing happened to me. I actually had a restraining order which he repeatedly broke with no consequences whatsoever to him. The police even refused to honor it when he showed up at my house. I think these judges believe they are preserving the family unit to protect the kids. They do not understand some families are highly dysfunctional.In my case my three kids are grown but I have an severely disabled adult who he fought for joint custody of. He never showed any interest in this child but it was a good way to continue to torture me.Since the divorce was finalized he totally lost interest, as a matter of a fact he has only seen this child twice this year, though he asked for the most ridiculous visitation schedule. The judge cut it in half and he doesn't keep any of it. There is some good news in this. You must ALWAYS keep in mind that he uses this joint custody to continue to have control over you and punish you.If you can keep from letting him know it bothers you, on the contrary if you can drop small hints or otherwise let him see how much you are enjoying a little free time he will probably decide to punish you by not taking the kids. Three kids are a lot of responsibility and work for a self centered person. Document everything dates, times, how he doesn't show up, how he won't bring them back on time etc. etc. I know this is hard and an extreme amount of work and anguish with three kids. The incredible good fortune is that your kids will not be living every day in an highly toxic environment. You will be the example they follow and as they grow, they will know by your actions that you are the parent they can count on. I made the mistake of staying until my kids were grown and it has been deeply damaging to them. You can do this, stay strong and don't let on that you care. If you do he will carry this out forever to hurt you.
Nov 11 - 5PM
AnotherPath
AnotherPath's picture

Judges are out of their

Judges are out of their depth. They are out of touch, they don't live in a reality where they can relate to child psychological abuse inflicted by emotionally abusive men. This really upsets me, and it's the same in the UK. I won't allow my ex to come to my home to pick up the children. The judge told me I had to talk to the ex or my children will be damaged and that the children should go freely from one parent to the other. And he HAS a conviction for battery on me. I even showed a picture of our child with a black eye because of ex and he said it's in the past now. No Mr judge I tried talking to him and it proved to be an appalling decision, so I do NC now. Do NC and the ex will get angry and if he sends you abusive emails etc keep them and start building a case against him. Don't let him come to your house, I go to the local train station up the road. Why should he see who is staying at yours and what your business is. Too close to home yuk. Do you trust him with your children? How old are they? It's good there are three, safety in numbers. Will he cope anyway, three's a lot of children if he's incompetent with them.

Ending the dance

Nov 11 - 4PM
itreallyisabouthim
itreallyisabouthim's picture

I am so sorry. I had an

I am so sorry. I had an exhausting morning trying to reinforce boundaries with my STBX over child visitation (it is an every day thing) and I am so disheartened to hear your story. I am very sad that the judge fell for the whole "you are an hysterical woman" thing!!!!!
Nov 11 - 7PM (Reply to #2)
4joys4
4joys4's picture

Unfortunately, and it's not

Unfortunately, and it's not an excuse for these bad judges- they hear this stuff all day. Day after day. They become immune to it. Lots of cases are worse than yours, and I dont mean that in a condescending way. Some cases are just horrible. Some woman got out of the relationship with her face gone! I mean, they hear a lot. And it's not fair at all. What are your options now? What can your lawyer do? What about a stay until an appeal?
Nov 12 - 9AM (Reply to #3)
Barbara (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

sorry to hear this

appeal.... and possibly a new TOUGHER custody lawyer Keep documenting everything too ~~~~~~~~~~~~ My Abuse Information Site Online Coaching & Help