agalliasist's story

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Oct 28 - 1AM
admin
admin's picture

agalliasist's story

I have been in a relationship with a Malignant N for near 5 years. It has been about a month since our last (and final) breakup. (it was every 3 months or so because of something I did...at any point in our relationship, even years prior)

ONLY Because of sites like this I am very much aware of who he is...and more importantly, who he will never be. This is a very tough pill to swallow.

BUT WHAT BUGS ME IS THE MENTAL, SPIRITUAL AND EMOTIONAL CONFUSION, NAGGING ME, TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHY, HOW... FILLING MY MIND AND THOUGH IT GOES AWAY ONCE IN A WHILE, IT WONT SEEM TO STAY AWAY!!

I wane between hating him, dreaming up revenge,spreading the news to all friends and family and co workers who still think he is some kind of god..telling them all the truth of what happens when you get toO close to this N..the pain, isolation, his lies I endured.. THE DEFAMATION of my character...

I want to address those who defend him, believe his lies and exaggerations about me...I want to redeem myself..tell them all how it really was for me...but I know I will be viewed as the "crazy"...he will continue his shrug, walk away unscathed... and those that superficially know him, will continue loving him, thinking he loves then too.

Then, talk about crazy...I wake in the morning..to missing him, feeling the heartache loss of what I thought was a beautiful love affair, love I never experienced, grief, emptiness without him, pity for him, thoughts of sticking it out to help him, his emptiness, jealousy of the next woman he is wining and dining..shame because maybe it really was me who messed up...

BUT I know in my brain he was a big fake!! A liar. He cannot be loved as he will not accept it, doesnt feel it, he is empty, a tin can....dare I say evil....and nothing more than smoke and mirrors. And he was never capable of loving me, even though the crumbs he threw had some possibilities.

I feel blood drained, sucked to near spiritual, emotional and psychological death by this vampire...I am now like a dull pencil, where I used to be sharp, witty, confident compassionate. Now I feel weak, confused, embarrassed, isolated in my mind.

Its a battlefield in my mind and soul. I am angry. Angry at what he did to me. I wish would just go away.

Here is a poem I found from Alice in Wonderland.....I thought it fitting for where I have been.

“It would be so nice if something would make sense for a change.”
---Alice (Alice in Wonderland)

Wonderland of Madness

Have you ever sought the land of wonder...
the place where nightmares grow?
That’s where I live, a haunting place in case you didn't know
Where things aren't always as they seem and opposites abound
The place where normal children scream...where love and peace aren't found
The cards, they only serve to try to mess with every head
They cut it off and look inside....your dignity, they shred
The madness here consumes us all.... Our jackets hug us tight
Where is the exit from this hole? Where is the real world's light?

Come on in, we're all mad here and no one really cares

Except for Alice, over there still looking for the stairs.....

Nov 26 - 1AM
Chloe
Chloe's picture

Self discovery

The very good news is that it will get better for you and slowly you will find your true self again, but it doesn't come without the heartache and all the questions. This is a great place for a deeper understanding and verification that you are not alone. Everything you write is my own story (more than likely all of ours, with a tweek here and a tweek there). I really believe that it's more about "us" than them at this point, why do we choose these partners? The narcissists seek out the vulnerable ones, not pathetic, but kind and caring people who are full of life and love (ironically), and then they tear us down, little by little at first, where it's so subtle that we find ourselves questioning ourself, "is it me?" "is he doing what I feel that he is doing?" But these questions are our own inner doubts, our intuition telling us that something is not "kosher." It is not YOU, ME, US! It is THEM. And, it's upsetting because we can NOT fix it (for them). We can not have our own dreams fulfilled by THEM, even though they promised us everything we wanted to hear. BUT, it doesn't mean that our life will never be fulfilled. It is not about beating yourself up with "how stupid was I...." You are not pathological for wanting what all of us want. Their everything is pathological, they demean, devalue, punish and humiliate. What you are truly missing is the image of what you thought it was suppose to be. You miss the image of a man who never was, the promises he couldn't keep. The intimacy he couldn't give. You are discovering that this man is truly an empty shell, and now, once you get past the anger, there will be moments of sadness----for him/her and yourself because of all the wasted energy you put into the relationship. If you can get past the anger, you will see that it is a disorder, and that it is NOT YOU!!! This is important for your own healing. I don't like what my ex-husband has done to me and his family, and now that I don't communicate with him (you can't), I can sit back and look in and feel sad for him in the respect that he will never have what I have. Other than that, my focus is on my own mental health and that of my sons, the knowledge and the boundaries are so important for them and me. The road is long, but it is the road to self-discovery as well.
Nov 25 - 10PM
JusticeSeeker (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

I Soooo Understand

I too stagger every day from hating my Ex, wishing him pain and wanting him to pay...then within moments, my heart aches again. I miss the man I once "knew", but really I never knew him....he was a lie. I wish I could fix it and erase it all. I wonder what I did to deserve such abuse...I tried over and over to change myself, got therapy and tried to be a "good, positive and together" girl for him. I was ONCE a strong, life loving woman. Now, I have memory loss, I cry from triggers all over the place, I startle and get angry easily, I have lost all of my friends. I have stayed away from people I care about because I don't want my Ex stalking them. I space out all throughout the day...I just go blank...I go to far away places and forget what I was doing. I hurt. It is a hurt that pierces...an ache that longs for my Ex to fix what he hurt. All the while, though, I know he wont fix a single thing...after all, to him, I am the one who needs to fix things. I read about narcissists not being able to love and not wanting to be loved...this is true. The more I would show my love and tell my Ex about how I loved him-the angrier and meaner he became.
Nov 25 - 10PM (Reply to #9)
Amazed
Amazed's picture

The disrupted thought patterns

JusticeSeeker I understand the disrupted thought patterns you are going through. It is like a self-preservation that puts you into anxious situations, like a constant fear around. Not knowing whats going to happen,,it is to be on constant alarm Have you contacted the police?
Oct 28 - 9PM
grossot
grossot's picture

Thank you for the poem. You

Thank you for the poem. You say something in your post I never really considered before. I know he never loved me because he can't express love but you say 'He cannot be loved as he will not accept it' All that love he accused me of NOT giving him....he couldn't be loved by anyone. No one could have loved like he thought he deserved. That reminds me, I once told him, '10 thousand women couldn't give you enough love you needy SOB!' Welcome... YOU TELL LIES LIKE A CHILD SPEAKS THE TRUTH SO GOOD YOU DON’T EVEN KNOW ~LISA SCOTT~(go to music tab) nolongercontrolled
Oct 29 - 6AM (Reply to #7)
Barbara (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

they are incapable of love

they can not love anyway. It's wasted on them. http://www.blogtalkradio.com/allabouthim/2009/08/13/A-Narcissist-is-Incapable-of-Love ~~~~~~~~~~~~ My Abuse Information Site Online Coaching & Help
Oct 28 - 9PM
NanC (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

Poor Alice

Even she was looking for a way out from a Narcissist...With all the N's, it's like we're talking about the very same person. Continuous break ups and make ups. It doesn't end...sometimes we end it, but alot of times, it doesn't end until they are ready for it to end. Literally, an emotional roller coaster. Its hard to accept that we ALLOWED to be treated that way for so long. I wish my friends would have told me what they were witnessing... but would I have listened? Probably not. When I first found out he was living a double life, I went through the "shock" emotion, then the "hurt", then the "mourning for someone who was still alive and was not even who I thought he was" (after 7 yrs.), then through the "anger" emotion. Now I am at the "hate" emotion. ...Anyway, bottom line, I am to the point where I hate him. I don't care if he goes to jail for back child support, I don't care if he's hurting (yeah right!) cause he can't get his daughter when he's supposed to and wants me to accommodate him, I don't care if he's dead or alive!...I DON'T CARE! I loved him, probably more than anyone he'll ever know and he didn't care, he dumped on me! I am the mother of his daughter and he treats me like a "no body" he met on the street. I was a respectable woman that had her shit together and knew what she wanted in life.They are all worthless, selfish, assholes. They don't care who they hurt as long as they get what they want! We will all bounce back sooner or later, but them, they will be in their own hell forever.....
Nov 24 - 1PM (Reply to #5)
empty68
empty68's picture

Wish I had researched his behaviour earlier....

I can't believe I wasted nine years on this man....he took advantage of my weaknesses/vulnerability....before I met him I was just coming out of a physical and sexually abusive relationship...the red flags should have gone up when he never questioned me about it or showed any sensitivity or concern for my vulnerable state, etc.,...how stupid I've been...I am just so disgusted by my own naivete and the levels I sank to to please him.... :(

```Live,Laugh,love```

Oct 29 - 9AM (Reply to #4)
Ellen
Ellen's picture

Nanc

I loved him, probably more than anyone he'll ever know and he didn't care, he dumped on me! I am the mother of his daughter and he treats me like a "no body" he met on the street. I was a respectable woman that had her shit together and knew what she wanted in life.They are all worthless, selfish, assholes. They don't care who they hurt as long as they get what they want! That sums it up for me to Nanc, this really hurts me to face all of this and sometimes i just feel so stupid for getting it wrong. How was i to know that he was a fake.
Oct 28 - 7AM
Barbara (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

welcome

Welcome... - Get yourself Lisa's book (link at right) - Please go through ALL the pages on 'Message Board' as I have loaded it with articles and your questions have probably already been asked and answered many many many times. Click through ALL the pages and read what interests you. You'll get up to speed and learn a LOT. - Please read through our whole blog: http://allabouthim.com - chock full of articles about Ns and healing - Get yourself in THERAPY with a trauma counselor ASAP. You have been hypnotized & need deprogramming and that will take a lot of time. - listen to our free radio show - archived at: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/allabouthim there are plenty of people here to talk to - similar stories... hang in there ~~~~~~~~~~~~ My Abuse Information Site Online Coaching & Help
Oct 28 - 1PM (Reply to #2)
4joys (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

I could have written this

I could have written this post word for word. it gets better. You are in a good place. welcome :)