Warrior1's story

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Sep 14 - 7PM
Warrior1
Warrior1's picture

Warrior1's story

Hello,

I'm new to the message board/vain forum, but not new to reading all of your stories on "All about him." I've found it so helpful, enlightening and inspiring to read everyone's experiences with their own narcissists and how everyone is taking it day by day, surviving however they can.

It's been a year and a half since I cut my own narcissist loose and I can tell you that even though I still think of him just about every day (much to my major aggravation), I can tell you that there is life beyond the narcissist and the damage that they wreck.

I sometimes wonder when the day will come that I don't think of him. I've had NC with him since late last year. It was difficult but it was SOOOO worth it. My life is SOOO good right now! I am in a completely different place than I was when I was in contact with my N -- a place I never thought I would be. I think I'm living proof that if you can stick with the NC rule, your life will be so much better for it!

A few months ago, I got a call from him on my phone. I recognized his number immediately. I said to myself, "You don't have to answer it. All you have to do it take a deep breath and just keep your eye on the future."

I look forward to contributing more to this forum.

Sep 14 - 8PM
quietude (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

welcome

Welcome warrior1! It's nice to hear another testimony that life can be good after splitting with an N. I understand thinking about them a lot. I do this too, less and less since our break-up about 7 months ago, but you can't help it with constant reminders. It's not enough to make me want to contact him, I think it just goes to show how deeply embedded they are in our psyches, and the continual work it takes to keep those thoughts minimized.
Sep 14 - 8PM (Reply to #2)
thisisnotfun
thisisnotfun's picture

Welcome Warrior1 as well.

Welcome Warrior1 as well. I also understand thinking about him all the time. I don't know why. He was a total jerk, mean and self centered. He hates life, people and most of all me...... ha ha..... This site is the only place that keeps my sanity and helps me to keep NC.......
Sep 14 - 9PM (Reply to #3)
James (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

Welcome Warrior1

Strange enough but I had a associate ask this question today as if I still thought about her. I told her no and in fact if I do think about her it has to be a conscience effort on my part. Well, I’m sure you all know I really don’t make that effort much. But it’s been three years and yes the buzz of them does leave us in time. Something for all of you to look forward to someday! http://james-personalitydisorder.blogspot.com/
Sep 15 - 8AM (Reply to #4)
dolce (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

Welcome Warrior

You sound so strong. Welcome. I hope to be where you are some day :)