annamarie's story

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Aug 17 - 1PM
annamarie
annamarie's picture

annamarie's story

NEVER KNEW

Does anyone understand Narcissism?? I didn't until recently.I came in contact with one almost a year ago. However, we were together for about 10 months. Everything was great in the beginning. He charmed the pants right off of me.We would go places together. He introduced me to all his great friends. (I see how he uses his so called friends too.) He wanted me to become close to his mother.He was great to my kids. I thought I found the man I would spend the rest of my life with.

And then something changed. Something went wrong and I couldn't understand what I did so wrong to be demoralized. I couldn't understand why my life was upside down in a matter of months.I lost my house, my relationship with my children was effected. I was depressed, angry and all he would do was demand more attention and belittle me later for not being a better person and doing things his way. It was a nightmare that ended when I refused to keep falling for his games and told him I was unhappy.

He left, packed his stuff and left. He tried keeping the door open and I slammed it shut and threw away the key. I cant believe I fell for it.I thought I was going crazy.I Could not understand why I was always so DRAINED. He sucked the life right out of me... I was so confused at first, but I did research and realized what was really going on. My eyes are opened and I NEVER WANT TO DEAL WITH A BLOOD SUCKING NARCISSIST AGAIN.

A narcissist will build you up and then suck the life out of you. Educate your self and allow yourself to heal. Another thing that is so frustrating is not a lot of people understand this personality disorder and it's hard to discuss it with people and not sound crazy. Find people that understand and will support your healing process. AND STAY AWAY FROM HIM. IT WILL ALWAYS BE ABOUT HIM.

Thanks for understanding....

Aug 21 - 7PM
dolce (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

Thanks Annamarie

It's so true! They all have so much in common! I've been amazed by this since I found this site. You sound like you have good footing..stay strong :)
Aug 17 - 8PM
James (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

Thanks for sharing!

It just doesn't matter how many stories I read, they all make the same statements: Feels like being on a emotional roller coaster Feeling used and abuse both emotionally and psychologically Feeling drained emotionally and psychologically Being distanced from those who we love and who truly love us Expecting to give until there is nothing left in us to give.. Then there is more, etc... Yes, there are patterns and traits that they all share no matter the name or person they infect themselves with. But we also know these are true victims who had dreams and hopes only for them to be suck out of us and allowed to die.. Thanks again for sharing annamarie and hope this site which I know it can will help you grow and heal from this.
Aug 18 - 2AM (Reply to #4)
annamarie
annamarie's picture

Thanks!!!

Yes!! this site has helped me so much. I'm not alone and I know the truth! And I know I'm not crazy!! Thank you!!!

They never change. He will build you up and then suck you dry!!!!!!

Aug 17 - 6PM
grossot
grossot's picture

annamarie

Your refusing to fall for his games was HIS nightmare not yours. The day he packed up and moved out was the day you were delivered from evil. I know the hell. Everyone of us on this site know the hell they are capable of making for us. It was HIS nightmare and this is why: he waas really thinking: OH SHIT! She didn't buy it. I can't let her know there really is something wrong with me or others will find out. Maybe some of my primary supply is not on to me I'll go to them so I can play my games" Don't beat yourself up. We understand. We've all been there. nolongercontrolled
Aug 18 - 2AM (Reply to #2)
annamarie
annamarie's picture

Thank You!!

I feel freedom for the first time in ten months and I'm relieved that I am not alone. I'm starting to heal little by little and I feel a new woman since he is not in the picture. thanks for the support!!!

They never change. He will build you up and then suck you dry!!!!!!