Mar1e101's Story

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Jul 12 - 10PM
Mar1e101
Mar1e101's picture

Mar1e101's Story

I am overwhelmed, I don't know where to start.

I hope this is where you share your story. Mine is so confusing...I saw some of the posts and yes I have had a recent experience. At this moment I feel like I have been driven crazy, it was hard to name what had happened, I just called it voiceless. I was angry and felt self doubt, but I knew that it hurt so much that I felt outside of myself. I would cry and cry, cause no one will listen. They think I am crazy too. I can see my life become invisible and I am disposable. I question things today like, a tinge of self doubt and the other half of me, with fear of what is to come. I said NO more and it has cost me dearly.

Yes, the N is not in my life right now, but he is so very very much you see he is my son in law. The threats he left me with...and the evidence is so very painful...you see I am grieving a death in the family, the N at that time, told me in private, that he was not effected by this sort of thing at all, he had no feelings for what happened, the loss of a young family member left him unaffected, I believe that that was his only truth. In grief I was so nerved I walked away in disbelief. That is all I can say right now, about that. Of course it was then all about him.

Jul 13 - 9PM
devoured_soul (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

Walking away in disbelief.

Walking away in disbelief. Your jaw drops. You cannot even respond. I am sorry for your pain. If he's your son-in-law, my question is this: How is your daughter? The capacity of one to lack empathy blows my mind. Always will. That's the hardest part.
Jul 14 - 2PM (Reply to #6)
Mar1e101
Mar1e101's picture

I do Not Know, how She is or how my Grandson is!

Everything was getting real crazy, my son in law was threatening so many things in private to me, in the end he said that "I do not accept him! He was going to tell his mother, and that once she heard that I do not accept him, she will keep me from ever talking to my daughter and if anything ever happens to my daughter his Mother will make sure that I never see my Grandson ever again! He was using the baby to control all of us. Recently, we had to take a short trip for three days. My son and friend witnessed him pretending to cry to his own mother, set up a Hate session against me, with my friend, my sons and daughter. All this happened, while I was away for every waking hour my son and friend had to listen to hate talks and it is all about him talks. All of my children were being forced to choose between there Mom(me) or him. It all gets real freaky. My closest friend was a target of hate sessions as well, after the fact, my daughter brought my friend out in saying that she was the one doing the bashing against me, my son in law turned it on her, even though she was watching the baby, and he was clearly incapable. My daughter does not even know what he (so0n-in-law, what they heard and witnessed in regards to the baby. Today,so far his mother did send me a letter, stating that she did not want any further communication with me, she was pained that I did not accept her son. I wrote back stating that he could not live with us anymore, because of his actions and behavior with drugs and alcohol. I did not know any of these other things till after they we gone, I was shocked and most of my concern goes to my girl and my grandson. Some of this stuff is so unbelievable....I get into so much sorrow and grief...I cannot talk to my daughter at all...I am blocked off from them and I do not really know where they are...His plan was to leave her, this know. He was all packed up, on the other hand she was blaming me for everything and to sum it all up she does not even know, all she does know is to come to his defense, she does not know, that his ultimate goal is to take her son from her and give the baby to his mother. He revealed to my friend that his "gift", was to know how to push buttons and study people, he liked that he could do that, he loved to see the reaction I had or anyone else. He liked that he had everyone figured out, even my daughter who he claimed "that we were both alike", In a way, we are, she was vulnerable when he met her, I was vulnerable from a loss, I guess we were easy prey. All he likes about their marriage is the illusion of the relationship; the idea of acceptance and reactions he gets from other people, being married and having a son, but he does not like the responsibility of caring for his own child. In fact he threatened to harm him (the baby) and that caused my argument with my daughter which lead up to me calling it quits..that what my friend witnessed...which is the reason why she stayed to babysit. Knowing too well that he was not capable. In fact, he turned his words in to hers,everything she had to listen too. He even said, that my daughter was not a good mother for leaving his own son in his care....which he did "fake cry" that to his mother. The whole family on his side hate me and those who defended me. Which means most of us have no communication at all. In truth, time is my only hope. I hope that I made it clear that my girl could come home, the door is opened to her. But I really do fear that she will come, without her son, I fear for her so deeply, I hope she will come out of this, as a mother and proud person and I hope she can feel, my love for her. Wow, this has me in tears now, but that is more of my story.

Mar1e101

Jul 14 - 10PM (Reply to #7)
Lisa E. Scott
Lisa E. Scott's picture

Mar1e101

I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. My heart goes out to you. Your daughter knows how much you love her and knows you want the best for her. Her husband is horribly cruel and manipulative. I'm sorry he has put you in this position and I can understand why you are so worried. It's easy to obsess when worried, but to put your mind at peace,even for just a moment, simply ask yourself if you've done all you can do. I'm sure you have so when you answer that question with a yes, allow yourself to have faith and believe that your daughter will come around and see that you are there to help her. You have made it clear your door is open to her. You have voiced your opinion and she knows she can come to you. There's not much more you can do now, but have faith that she will see things for what they really are soon. Until then, hang in there and know we are all here for you. Big Hugs, Lisa
Jul 15 - 12AM (Reply to #8)
Mar1e101
Mar1e101's picture

Thank you so much

I am so glad that you understand, I have done all I can do. I am doing things to keep me from obsessing. I am learning that I really did not have a chance, but what I did in moments of gut reaction, I took it and I am a survivor. I love your hugs, I am so glad that your site is here and it is helping, most of all thank you for posting this note, I will hang in there with all this support. Hugs from Mar1e101

Mar1e101

Jul 13 - 1PM
Scoop
Scoop's picture

Hey there , i have just read

Hey there , i have just read your story and sadly the same happened to me with an ex ns . Lisa said expect to be kicked when your down and oh boy this is so true . The reason you are crying is because you are dealing with evil . A wolf in sheeps clothing . we are all struggerling to come to terms with this kind of behaviour and my heart goes out to you and your daughter . Here is i quote i believe in "truth will out " One day truth will out . Keep posting as you have come to the right place , we are all in the same boat . big hugs , big love peru x
Jul 12 - 10PM
Jodie
Jodie's picture

N's are not human. They are

N's are not human. They are incapable of empathy, and unfazed by death. It doesn't affect them anymore than the change of weather. I experienced the unbelievable, mind boggling lack of empathy after 2 deaths of very close people. They are sick. If you try to make sense of senselessness you will eventually drive yourself mad. You feel crazy because you are surrounded by someone who actually IS crazy. Read as much as you can about NPD. Know that you are not the one with the problem. And try and stay out of contact with this person as much as humanly possible. We all know the confusion you are feeling, it only proves that you are normal because you are searching for answers....this site is great for that. "Cry now because you lost him or cry later because you have him."

"Cry now because you lost him or cry later because you have him."

Jul 12 - 11PM (Reply to #2)
Barbara (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

unfortunately

you will HAVE to initiate NO CONTACT with him and your daughter. and get counseling for yourself ASAP!! ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Articles & information for abuse victims - Updated Daily Online Coaching for Victims of Narcissists/ Psychopaths
Jul 13 - 1PM (Reply to #3)
Barbara (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

Why a Focused Recovery from a Narc is NECESSARY

WHY A FOCUSED RECOVERY IS NECESSARY by Sandra Brown, MA This year has been a tremendous year of development. (Don't mind me as I wander down memory lane of all that has happened this year at The Institute....) A mere year ago the newsletter started. I guess the snowball effect came from it. The chat forum was initiated. Phone counseling, more research commenced, more e-books and training materials were written, the retreat/treatment program started, we began training therapists, our client list really grew, and word of our knowledge and this program filtered out there -- both online and off line. All this development because I realized how uniquely and profoundly damaged you became at the hands of a pathological male. All this research because I realized that there was probably really something to 'the type' of women who end up in relationships like this. All this phone counseling, therapist training and retreat/ treatment center creation because so few people 'get it' about you, him, and the mind-blowing relationship dynamics. For the FIRST time there really is a concrete program designed about you and in some ways, by you, and definitely for you. The one thing that does stand out in the research and what I have been eye-balling closely about healing and recovery is that this level of damage by him is deep & profound. If there were lots of 'hims' then it's even more profound. Untreated symptoms, get worse. Symptoms that get worse effect your life functioning and your children. Worsened effects then contaminate your partner selection. And if you do get a healthy one, you don't like him or you're too dysfunctional to be in a healthy relationship so he leaves. Untreated symptoms make intrusive thoughts worse so obsessions increase. Friends abandon you because they are tired of hearing about the obsessions so you isolate. Isolation makes you at risk of recontacting him and recontacting him lowers your coping skills. As your coping skills drop your bad habits increase (drinking, medication over use, eating, hibernating). As your coping skills lower your fantasizing increases 'Maybe he ISN'T pathological' "Maybe he WILL stop cheating, etc.' and your minimizing begins 'At least he .....' More contact with him increases your Post Traumatic Stress symptoms of flashbacks, fear of the future, unbridled worry, depression and insomnia. Is any of this sounding familiar? By NEXT year (2010) how many of you will be in the same situation, with the same man, the same symptoms, the same miserable existence? On the other hand, how many of you will be 'dangerous man free?' -- symptoms reduced, a new vigor for life, insight about how this happened and how to avoid it in the future, how many of you will be less depressed and anxious, more active, lost weight, have more friends, have a better job, have happier children, got more self esteem so a better job or gone back to school, and have potential to have a healthy relationship...? I'm not a resolution type person so I don't make them but I AM an advocate for complete life changes. Not tiny habits, BIG over hauls. Let's face it, if you have dated a narcissist or a psychopath, you NEED a big life overhaul. Something malfunctioned in your life that created this huge blind spot under which really sick people flew into your life. That's not a little issue -- take a look at the condition of your life and see if you think it was 'little.' Ask others if they think it was little. This is not something you can solve or that will "heal with time." Get the help you need. Now. http://www.saferelationshipsmagazine.com ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Articles & information for abuse victims - Updated Daily Online Coaching for Victims of Narcissists/ Psychopaths